Checking the original email address for Instagram accounts
Why do you need to check the originality of your Instagram email address? If the account’s email address is not native / not original, Instagram will reset the account to its native mail (to which you do not have access) in case of suspicious actions and you may lose the access to the account.
At the moment there are 2 ways to verify the originality of email address. The original email address means the email address to which the account was originally registered instagram.
1. Go to the account email.
2. Find the first letter from Instagram:
- if the first letter says that Instagram welcomes you in its social network (the so-called welcome letter "Welcome to Instagram"), then this is the first / only / original / native email;
- if there is no messages like that or it looks different, you should refer to the second method of verification.
1. Log in to your account
2. Follow this link: https://www.instagram.com/accounts/access_tool/
3. Then "Privacy and Security" ---> "Former email addresses" (https://i.imgur.com/ELE0m1j.png)
4. See the list of previous email addresses: (https://i.imgur.com/DXHaZ3k.png)
- If the list is empty, this is the first and original email address
- if there are other addresses, then the email address is NOT original